Challenge and Regulatory Context
- The client had for six years been performing a self-assessment which used only generic questions and estimated exposure
- The objective was to determine OpRisk scores through the method analysis of all OpRisk and scenario-based analyses of particularly risk-prone areas
- Top 10 German public sector bank under ECB supervision
- We created a scoring “risk map” using the loss database, qualitative self-assessment, anonymous consortium data as well as publicly available information about OpRisk events
- We revised and implemented qualitative self-assessment analysis for risk-prone areas and processes.
- The bank is better able to identify trends and implement the necessary measures
- Based on a thorough assessment of the client’s needs a risk map was designed to aggregate and present on a regular basis information about the types of risk and their locations within the organisation
- To determine the risk level within a specific location we introduced a self-assessment using qualitative questioning and this functioned as a comprehensive OpRisk intervention
- The second component of the self-assessment was a detailed scenario analysis applied to areas where a high OpRisk score was determined by the risk map
Click here for more on how Fintegral can help you manage Operational Risk.