The European Banking Authority (EBA) has agreed a final timeline for the 2018 EU-wide stress test. The process will be launched at the beginning of 2018, with results expected on November 2 of that year. The Board of Supervisors has extended the timeline to give banks more time to implement the new IFRS 9 accounting standards.
- January 2018: Launch of the exercise
- Early June: First submission of results to the EBA
- Mid-July: Second submission to the EBA
- Late October: Final submission to the EBA
- November 2: Publication of results
An industry standard for stress testing under IFRS 9 has yet to emerge. A recent Fintegral Briefing outlined the challenges and opportunities this presents for banks.